Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Monday 2 October 2017

Autumnal.

A windy morning followed by a wet afternoon. Right now the terrible news from Las Vegas is on the tv. So sad for all the victims and their families. 
Today I made a start on clearing out a large airing cupboard packed full of bedding, curtains and fabric. Even after an earlier sort out there was enough bedlinen to cater for a hotelful of guests, that is if they didn't mind all the colours of the rainbow. I've kept a lot of the sheets to use as dust sheets and boxed up most of the rest of the bedlinen to give away. At the same time Peter allocated several shelves of books to the 'to go' pile. Keen to get things moved right away I filled up the car and made a trip to town to donate stuff to one of the charity shops. From there I went to the music shop to buy a simple stand for my digital piano. I'd thought that I could put it on a table for the time being but the kitchen table was too high and a side table was too low.
Today is our 41st wedding anniversary. As usual we exchanged cards and small gifts to mark the day. Peter gave me this lovely orchid and some white Lindt d'Or, mmmm. A quiet evening in will suit us fine.

No comments: