Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Thursday 5 October 2017

Sunny.

We've had a sunny day with colder winds blowing in from the north. Early in the morning the winds were whistling around the place which made lying tucked up in a warm bed feel very cosy. 
We had a visit from the electrician who put in the electrics for the filtration system. He came to deal with the paperwork so we can have certification for that work to give to our buyers. I suppose in safety terms it's good that all electrical work has to be done by a qualified electrician but where do you draw the line? With plugs being sealed onto electrical leads I don't think many people even know how to change a plug. 
The acers are losing their battle against the elements with many of the once glorious red leaves lying withered on the ground. I dug up some more of my plants this morning. That's something I have to do in small doses as digging doesn't do my back any good. So far I've got 9 varieties of hardy geranium potted and ready to go. For the rest of the day I carried on packing and sorting. 

No comments: