Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Tuesday 24 October 2017

Wet.

It has rained all day long. However it has stayed reasonably mild. 
The oil man came this morning and with the ground being so wet and soft the tanker made a real mess of the garden in several places. I've detached myself emotionally from the garden so it wasn't a great disaster. I was able to repair most of the damage down by the house by standing on the sides of the ruts and using my weight to squish the soil back into place. One situation where being heavy is an advantage.
Looking at the number of leaves that have fallen I'm tempted not to continue with my daily clearing of the leaves in this corner. I'll have to think about that as I do enjoy the view from the kitchen when the stones are leaf-free. 
I got another couple of boxes packed today. What shocks me is the fact that nothing in the many boxes already packed is needed for our everyday living. I almost think life would be easier without all that 'stuff'. However apart from my mother's art which I feel responsible for there are items of beauty, things that hold memories, resources for future projects, equipment for occasional use and things we may incorporate into our home after next. So there won't be any major clearing away of stuff already packed. Not yet anyway.

1 comment:

happyone said...

Yes, we have to keep some stuff!! It's what makes houses our homes. : )