Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Wednesday 4 October 2017

Grey.

Nothing terribly exciting to report today. The weather has been mostly overcast with occasional moments of sun but also some spattering of rain.
I've carried on with my packing and am getting to the point where I'm running out of boxes. I took a load of stuff out to the dump today, it's such a good feeling to clear stuff away wherever it goes. Today I made a start on emptying a bag of old plaster that has been in the outbuildings for a long time. It's far too heavy to contemplate taking it as a whole so instead I've been decanting it into some of the strong bags that the compost came in. That way it's not too heavy to carry. As there's a Tesco's on my way I was able to get some sugar for my cookie baking which I did when I got home. Surprisingly for Tesco's I was able to pick up some good reductions. Everything was still fine even the celery which had almost 90% off. Other items in my haul included baby plum tomatoes, blueberries, fresh figs, humus and garlic& coriander naans. Because Ilfracombe is still a holiday town it must be harder for the shop to predict customer numbers which might explain the decent reductions. It's hard to find more than 10% off during the day in any the Barnstaple Tescos.
As well as baking some chocolate cookies this afternoon I've made a vegetable soup (onions, tomatoes, celery, white cabbage and mushrooms) spiced up with a helping of last night's lamb tagine.
It's getting cold enough in the evenings to need the central heating on for a while and some hot soup will be good.

No comments: