Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Friday 13 October 2017

Mild.

Today has been overcast but very mild. It's set to get even warmer over the next two days with London and the South-East possibly reaching 24C/ 75F. Then it's all change as Hurricane Ophelia swings towards Ireland and the UK where the strong winds will hit the west coasts. So far it looks as if it will affect the North more than down here. 
I did some more cleaning up in the outbuildings in the morning before retiring indoors. The old exercise book in which I have been writing down all the contents of the packed boxes and details of the art work is starting to fall apart so I have begun writing everything out again, neatly this time, in a more sturdy notebook.
Later in the afternoon I went over to the stables. Last night I had been given the sad news that another of our neighbours had passed away on Wednesday. The friend who rang asked me if I would go over and tell Paul and Sarah. Being a rural community although we might not be in each other's pockets people do look out for each other and help whenever we are asked. When I walked over to the stables Paul was hammering some metal roofing panels on to the barn which is almost repaired. To reach the top of the barn he was in/on a platform that was raised up by the fork lift truck operated by his son. While I was there I offered them this rather tall dwarf umbrella tree which is trying to escape from the conservatory as their club house has a high ceiling and I think their house has a 2 storey hall. (I always go in through the kitchen door.) They accepted so I guess Jack will be round sometime with the quad bike and trailer. I only bought the tree to cover up the back of the tv when people came to view. A delivery van drove up to the stables when I was there, he had a parcel for Paul and one for us so I was able to save him the extra time to go down to our place.

No comments: