Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Saturday 28 October 2017

Grey.

It's been a slightly damp, grey day today. Right now I can see the tree branches moving in the wind so who knows what tomorrow's weather will be like? I had my friends coming around in the afternoon for some of the many plants still left in the propagating garden. It's nice to know those plants will be appreciated and continuing on.
The visit was the perfect excuse to bake another cake, this time a very chocolatey marble cake, got to give people a choice and of course there is plenty left which Peter and I will just have to eat. Can't even freeze anything as we are working on emptying the freezer.  
Peter went out rowing this morning which he always enjoys. The tide was on its way out so the water was low making it harder to row plus they got stuck on the sand bars a couple of times. I'm sure he'll sleep well tonight.
This evening as I pedalled on the exercise bike I could see  a number of pheasants arriving in the garden and walking around on the back lawn before flapping their way up into the big beech tree. The females were first eventually followed by a couple of male pheasants. I wondered if the male birds were waiting to make sure it was safe before they made their move.

No comments: