Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Thursday 12 October 2017

Sunny Afternoon.

The day started off grey and gloomy but drier than yesterday with an occasional tinge of blue between the clouds. I went out again late in the afternoon and there was hardly a cloud to be seen in the blue sky though by that time the garden was mostly in shade.
Peter went into town in my car as I had noticed an alarming clunk when I set off on my travels yesterday. Luckily it was just the handbrake cable sticking and Alec at the garage squirted some stuff into it and now it's fine. Knowing what a worrier I am Peter got him to check out the main brakes as well and they are fine too. One reason Peter went into town was to collect this 5L bottle of genuine first press olive oil. One of his friends has family in Spain who have olive trees, (is that orchard, grove or farm?) and brings this oil back when he goes to visit them. As I have salad almost every day with my own made vinaigrette I get through a fair amount of olive oil and this will be tastier than the shop bought olive oil.
This afternoon I went through my mother's art folders making sure they are in a suitable state to be moved and stored. A whole lot of sketches were in an open wooden tray like a drawer for which I made a cardboard carton using a large box and lots of packing tape.
It was still warm enough outside for the bumble bees to be out collecting pollen and looking out of the kitchen window I caught sight of a large dragonfly patrolling his patch.

1 comment:

happyone said...

Glad to hear it wasn't anything serious with your car.
We use quite a lot of olive oil too.
Beautiful yellow flower.