Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Sunday 1 October 2017

Wet and Windy.

The rain finally eased off late in the afternoon. With strong but fortunately warm winds blowing there's been a constant shower of leaves in autumnal hues. The acers are hanging on to their vibrant foliage. Often I catch a glimpse of red through the sitting room windows and have to take a second look to check that one of our friendly postmen hasn't arrived in the red post van. 
I've spent the afternoon packing up my mother's sculptures. Some of them are very heavy so I've had to search around for light items to fill up the boxes. I'm up to box 19 and this is still the stuff that is going into storage.
Yesterday's rose bud has opened up and is adding a splash of colour to the garden. I've found that this rose, Morning Jewel is very good at hanging on to its petals despite the strong winds that often blow at this time of year.

No comments: