Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Monday 30 October 2017

Sunny.

Another bright sunny day with a bit of frost first thing. I don't think we were down to the -5C forecast for some areas of the country. 
I've been varying the jobs that I do with some outside work and some indoor as too much of either does my back no good. Indoors I wrapped up a large still life painting that was in our kitchen and replaced it with an overmantle mirror which I took down from a bedroom. Outside I sorted through my garden tools and plant pots, found 3 more large plastic pots which I planted up and have lots of small pots to take to the dump. I also swept out one of the outbuildings removing years of cobwebs and pheasant feathers. 
The removal firm being unable to do the date we needed turned out for the best as the cost with the new firm is less for both the taking stuff into storage and the whole house move than we were going to pay for just the house move with the first firm. I think we count as locals which generally helps. The chap came round and delivered lots of boxes this afternoon which is handy as I'm almost out of boxes. Peter went down and arranged the for the storage unit which is less than a mile from the new house. They have units of all different sizes so if we can't eventually fit everything into the house and garage we can have a small unit for the overflow.
If the frosts continue it will be the end of the roses. Looking around the garden there were 1 or 2 flowers on each of the different roses and I caught their scent as I was walking past. The winter flowering jasmine is flowering well but alas it has no scent.

1 comment:

happyone said...

The flowers have pretty much gone now since we had some snow last night.
I like the cow picture.