Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Tuesday 17 October 2017

Sunny.

It's been nice and sunny for most of the day. Right now there was a pretty pink and blue sunset sky which intensified briefly and is now fading away. I found out that yesterday's weird yellow light (and red sun when not covered by clouds) was due to the air being full of dust from the Sahara and smoke from forest fires in Spain filtering out the blue spectrum in the light.
This afternoon I filled up my car with more stuff for the dump including almost all of the old plaster. I also had a small box filled with unused white tiles. I was about to take them over to the resale area when I was told that not only did they not want them but there would be a charge if I wanted to dispose of them. Back in the car they went along with some large plastic plant pots I  helped myself to from the large plastics area. 
I called in at the Tesco's there and left a box of SF paperbacks at their 'Buy a second hand book for charity' shelf. I realised I hadn't picked the best time to do some shopping as the shop was full of parents and children dropping in after school. I noticed many children eating a piece of fruit from the free for children fruit selection which was nice to see. There were also a lot of people taking advantage of the highly reduced frozen items, mainly ice creams and lollies at about 80% off. I bought some boxes of peanut butter Magnums as a treat and some cheese, rice and bean Burritos for Peter. The bakery section also yielded up more reductions so it was a successful shopping trip. 

1 comment:

happyone said...

Those pink and blue skies are my favorite colors.
Sounds like you got some good deals shopping today.