Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Wednesday 11 October 2017

Wet.

The day has been grey, windy and mostly wet. Too wet to venture out of the porch to take any photos. I was tempted to stop and take some atmospheric pictures on my way back from town but the Muddiford road is still closed so there is an unprecedented amount of traffic along our back road. Drivers who have been used to speeding along the 'main' road which has a dotted line down the centre allowing for two way traffic are now going too fast along our very muddy one and a half car wide winding back road. So far there haven't been any serious accidents. The other day Peter was in a queue of a dozen cars and farm vehicles in one direction and a similar queue in the other direction all trying to get through when there wasn't the space. Because the larger vehicles are going on to the verges the soft ground there has made such deep ruts that I daren't risk going off the road and dropping my little car into a hole.
I planned a town visit for today as I had arranged to call in at the new house to take some measurements especially in the kitchen, so I can be sure that things will fit. Not to mention that the agent's details say the sitting room is 11ft x 15ft (wish it was) and it clearly isn't. I think the electronic measurer must have gone across the hall. All the rooms are small which is normal for UK houses so fitting in our furniture will be a challenge. The kitchen too is tiny so I need to check the space for things like the fridge freezer and washing machine. However this visit has been postponed until the weekend. As I'd already packed things into my car for the Oxfam shop I thought I'd go in to town anyway and do some supermarket shopping. 
The town roads were very crowded today, maybe because there were numerous roadworks closing off parts of the real main roads. Waiting in various traffic queues I saw that some people still continue the local good road manners and let out one car out of the side roads even though they don't have right of way. That way the traffic keeps moving and nobody is held up for too long. Regrettably there were some rude people who just drove straight across not letting anyone out.
In Tesco's as always I went up to check out the sale rails in the clothing section. I was looking for a loose sports vest to wear over my crop top when I join the Pilates class after we move. Not only did I find exactly what I was looking for but it had been reduced several times and from an original price of £8 was only £1. I did try on another loose sports vest which I liked but the slogan across the front said When in doubt, RUN it out. which as I will never be able to run because of my knee seemed a bit pointless.

No comments: