Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Sunday 8 October 2017

Sunny.

We've had a pleasantly warm and sunny day. I woke very early and as I started my exercises I heard the first morning birds. Not a proper dawn chorus but the lone buzzard was soon joined by a few other birds twittering away.
I dug up a few more of the hardy geraniums including Roxanne (above). Just 4 more to go and that will be  my collection ready to move.
It was such a lovely day that I decided to go for a walk up the hill. Two of the ponies in the field were fast asleep with their muzzles touching the grass though by the time I had walked past them they stirred enough to lift their heads and look at me. There were clouds in the sky which I hoped didn't mean I would get caught in a shower. I was only wearing a vest top and shorts which as they are my decent-enough-to-be-seen-in ones (instead of my several-sizes-too-large-old shorts that I wear at home) I didn't have any pockets. So in case it did rain I rolled up a small plastic bag, for my camera, and used an elastic band to attach it to the camera strap. With no other place to carry a spare camera battery I put it down the side of my sock which worked well. (Anyone remember the Elouise stories?) 
It was so peaceful as I walked, although I could hear a faint hum of vehicles out on the Whitefield Hill road the loudest sounds were the bird noises. A couple of rooks chattering as they flew together, a solitary singer that might have been a skylark though it wasn't quite the same as the summer song and the whirr of pheasants setting off in fright. There was still a strong scent of the Himalayan Balsam from the remaining flowers. Naturally I had to set off some of the explosive seed pods. A gentle touch and the seed capsule bursts open with an audible pop.
Instead of turning towards Ashelford Corner I headed down to Bowden Corner just for a change. 

At that point I turned and headed back home. It was good to stretch my legs and have a change of scenery.
Now for an evening of Strictly though we don't think a professional ballerina should have been included in the contestants.

2 comments:

happyone said...

What a lovely walk you had. Would have been nice to walk along with you.

Leonardi linken said...

Very interesting, good job and thanks for sharing such a good blog. Your article is so convincing that I never stop myself to say something about it. You’re doing a great job. Keep it up and take a look at the article about Easy Way to Get The Best Offer for Your Damaged Car