Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Saturday 21 October 2017

WWW!

Today has been wild, wet and windy as Storm Brian rolls in from the west. There were some nearly dry spells during the morning but then the storm increased in intensity. The trees are swaying, the wind is roaring and whistling around the house and although the rain has died down for a moment earlier it could be seen falling in sheets across the garden and fields.
This morning some people came to look at an elaborate Victorian overmantle mirror which I had advertised on Gumtree. However they were put off by some scratches on the swan picture. The picture (or print) has been painted on some sort of metallic surface and I damaged it years ago when I was trying to clean it. I've been searching for any information about how to restore it but have been unable to find out anything about either the type of picture or this kind of mirror. I was showing Peter images of similar mirrors and got very excited when I did manage to find a picture of one like mine. It was only as I looked closely that I realised it was my mirror with the image I used for the on-line advert. Silly me.

With the storm raging outside I've done very little except more kitchen cleaning and a bit of packing. I wiped down all the sitting room orchids which was not due to excessive cleaning but more about dusty cobwebs not being a good look.

No comments: