Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Sunday 15 October 2017

Warm.

They were right about it being warm today. In the sun it was a pleasant 22C/ 71.5F. While I was trying hard to think of something worthwhile to do outside I did some hoeing of the propagation bed. It was then I realised that after all that digging up of plants to pot up, there was sufficient space for a small bonfire. Being one of those people who keep all their paper records I had a massive folder of bank statements going back to 2005. I'm not sure why I might need them in this technological era though we won't bank on-line for security reasons but I thought it was time to get rid of most of them. They're not the sort of thing you can put in with the household rubbish and I thought that burning would be easier and much more fun than putting them through the shredder. Just to be on the safe side I have kept my statements for the last five years. It was quite satisfying to crumple up each page and feed the fire. After that I swept up the large piles of leaves that have accumulated in the corners of the front patio. No doubt more will fall especially in the winds forecast for tomorrow but I will try and keep the garden as reasonably tidy as I can without straining my back.
Each morning as I play my guitar I have a lovely view of the stream through the full height window. I've found that I can rest my 'How to play' book on top of the basket of music books and use the front bar of the chair the basket sits on to rest my foot as I perch on the stool I use when I'm playing the piano.
'Scuse the fuzzy photo but I wasn't sure how close I could get before the bees got annoyed by my presence. Judging by the bright yellow on their legs they were finding plenty of pollen to build up their winter stocks.

1 comment:

happyone said...

We had a warm day yesterday too and today a bit cooler.
I've been going through paper stuff too and all my old journals. I ended up tossing them all into the fire.