Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Wednesday 18 October 2017

Grey.

It's been a grey day with light drizzle for most of it and some slight brightening up later in the afternoon. I was able to use my reclaimed pots from yesterday to plant up some more plants 'to go'. I had to dig up a double hardy geranium from the  flower bed as its position behind a miniature rose bush had made it hard to get to when I was digging up plants for the propagation beds. When it eventually flowered amongst a great mass of various h. geraniums I thought I'd have no difficulty in identifying it later on and didn't even put a cane next to it. Big mistake, apart from the scrambling geranium spreading everywhere I wasn't too sure which plant I should be digging up. I think I got the right one but possibly not. It would be a shame if I didn't as that particular variety came from a big plant show and isn't available at ordinary garden centres or nurseries though I know I've got the lighter purple one.
Peter went to town this morning and when he came back I was bemoaning the fact that I'd got to the front door just as a delivery van was driving off. The front door had been wide open and I would have heard if the bell had been rung or the man had called out. I had to stop my rant when Peter pointed out the parcel tucked neatly into the corner of the porch. 
For the last 2 years or so I've been keeping the packaging from any delicate stuff, mostly TVs and IT stuff. Today I began putting the boxes in the same room as the relevant items so that I can have a final clear out of the room I've been using for storage. Some more paperwork came today for us to sign but as nothing is fixed until the final day we can't get excited. Judging by the way our buyer acted over accepting our final price we fully expect him to pull out of the deal in the last few days to try and get us to drop the price. At least expecting the worst will make it easier to handle whichever way it goes. 

1 comment:

Gerry said...

Play hardball with the buyer Ruta, it's the only way. You know the value of your house, and you've set out a fair agreement, and you're doing your utmost to give him a very clean, well-cared-for property. I had a guy do just before the final day and it was so upsetting, thinking of all the repercussions if I didn't move. I vowed I would never fall for it again and I had the chance when we sold Dulverton. I said to the agent that the house had to go back up for sale immediately and that he wasn't to allow the buyer to come back in. Sure enough the very next evening he rang, very embarrassed, and asked if we would still consider selling to him. As several months had gone by since going onto the market I asked for another £25k and told him I would not trust him until the deal was through, and that I wouldn't get involved in any dealings, everything was to be done through solicitors and agents. He bought it, but we were very nervous!
At least if you're prepared for the worst it helps if it does fall through.