Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Saturday 14 October 2017

Mainly Overcast.

It's a good thing I set my alarm to wake me this morning though possibly as a result I've felt sleepy all day long. Not that I had to be out that early but I've slipped easily into a living pattern tuned to the state of my body rather than the need to be in set places at set times. 
This morning I made a brief visit to the new house to check some measurements and was very pleasantly surprised to find that the living room really is 15ft x 11ft which at a pinch will fit both the sofas until we decide which one will suit better. I have already offered the large sofa to somebody so if it goes then that will be the decision taken out of my hands which I don't mind. There's quite a bit of level space outside in the back garden next to the cat flap so I shall start looking for a really large dog crate to put there.
Now that it's been getting colder at night I've been thinking about putting a couple of boxes in the conservatory so that the cats can be a bit warmer. As shown by Speedy above the cats will jump into any empty box. Before when I made them some closed boxes with their blankets inside and a hole at the front Patch tried sleeping on top of the box and fell right through. After my quick visit to the house I went over to BJ's, a general goods and garden store which sometimes has bargains. After passing by the twinkling Christmas decoration aisles I came across these soft cat houses. At just under £6 each I thought they were a good bargain and exactly the sort of thing I wanted. The soft cushion inside doesn't have a removable cover so when I got home I washed the cats' fleece blankets and after drying used them to make removable covers which can be popped in the washing machine. The cat houses are now in the conservatory and though Patch was a bit cautious at first he eventually tucked himself inside. I also think it will be good for the cats to have something familiar to retreat to when we move.
Later on Jack came over on his quad bike for the umbrella tree. He thought he might need to get the little trailer to put the tree in but as the pot itself is quite small we were able to lie it flat with the pot secured to the rack in front of the handlebars and the top of the tree to the rack at the back. I'm glad it's gone to a good home.

2 comments:

happyone said...

Oh I like those cat beds. Look so warm and cozy.

Harriet said...

Your cat beds are nice and you are so right-something familiar for them. One of the niceties of moving is sharing extras with people.