Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Saturday 30 September 2017

Wet.

Light rain has been falling steadily for most of the day. With worse conditions forecast for tomorrow I went up and checked the dam after the postman had made his delivery. The cats wisely settled in around the rayburn, Speedy taking advantage of my work gloves and sitting himself right on top of the hot surface.
I had a busy morning in town. First stop was to the doctors' for the drop in 'flu jab clinic. It's supposed to be for the over 65s but they gave me one last year. I'm prone to chesty coughs in the winter and who wants 'flu anyway. Rather safe than sorry is my motto. When I got there the queue stretched through the waiting room and out the front door. Luckily they had lots of people there to shepherd us elderly folk in the right direction. The system worked well and it took only a few minutes before I was in the room. One nurse took my name while the other poked me in the arm and I was out in about 30 seconds. Very efficient. 
Next stop was to the nearby garden centre where I bought this little succulent. I have a weakness for plants with grey foliage and love the sculptural qualities of succulents.
From there I drove back into town and dropped off more stuff at a charity shop before heading off to the music shop. There I bought myself a digital piano, 4 days without a piano was as long as I could last. I chose the most basic one that had the same sound and octave range as a traditional piano. The one thing I'd been concerned about was not having a sustain pedal. I'm very indulgent and like to play loudly with too much use of the sustain pedal, I'm only playing for my own enjoyment anyway. However the digital piano comes with a foot pedal that you plug in so I can continue to play in own style. I was chatting away to the shop owner(?) about moving house and when he saw that I had some boxes in the back of the car that I'd picked up at the garden centre he brought me out another large, strong box.
At home I packed another 3 boxes of books and just about cleared the shelves over my desk. Peter sorted out yet more books that can go on my next charity shop run. Now for an evening of Strictly, that is if Peter can stay awake for the whole 2 hours. 


No comments: