Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Sunday 24 September 2017

Wet.

It's been a warm but wet day. I went out to take photos during a lull in the rain and all around I could hear the dripping of water through the trees. The sound was magnified because many of the leaves have begun to dry out and as I look through the window I can see areas of yellow and orange amongst the green tree foliage. My red acer is a joy to see and the rain just made the leaves glisten even more. One blast of strong winds and all those leaves will be decorating the paving rather than the tree. 
Speedy will lose his favourite sleeping spot tomorrow as that box and a lot more will be going to the Oxfam shop tomorrow.
I also brought down Peter's old style Windjammer surfboard which will be going to a different charity shop. That is if I can fit it in my car. Romas' short board and assorted wetsuits will be going to the new house along with a couple of good  body boards as I expect our youngsters will still want to surf when they come down to stay. I might even be tempted into the water as my back strengthens. I enjoy body boarding but never got the hang of proper surfing and certainly wouldn't want to risk getting wiped out from a standing position. At least with a body board you just come to a halt lying on the board.
After packing up stuff to go tomorrow I carried on with packing more of the pictures from our walls. It is sad to see the place become less like a home and more like just a place but on the other hand it will be less of a wrench when we do go.

No comments: