Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Thursday 7 September 2017

Wet Afternoon.

The day began dry with a light breeze which prompted me to hang the 3 ex-military sleeping bags out on the line. A sudden shower later in the afternoon had me sprinting up the drive to rescue them and now they're over the backs of chairs in the kitchen. They're really good sleeping bags so we'll keep two and give the third away. 
We had a lot more rain in the afternoon with increasing winds which kept me working indoors, mainly sorting and packing. I also put some antique cups and saucers on eBay though only for a week after which the Oxfam shop can have them.
This was the apple tart I made yesterday. I have to conclude that our rayburn really isn't the best for pastry as although the tart didn't have the dreaded 'soggy bottom' some of it wasn't fully baked. It tastes okay but I'm just as happy with a couple of small apples baked with sultanas and cinnamon which is healthier option anyway. 

No comments: