Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Tuesday 5 September 2017

Warmer.

It has been warm, windy and frequently wet today. The sun broke through a couple of times, more so in the afternoon and right now I can see a hint of blue above.  
I carried on packing clothes into storage boxes and making a large pile to give away. That led to me emptying out a wardrobe in one of the spare rooms which led to me filling a bin bag with hangers which then led me to dismantling the wardrobe. It was one of those chipboard ones which had probably been put together in the room and even if it was possible to remove it whole I'm sure that the Hospice furniture shop wouldn't have wanted it. On top of the wardrobe were 3 army feather sleeping bags and a small tent from our scout camp days. If we get a dry day I'll air out the sleeping bags and put up the tent along with another slightly bigger one we have so that I can decide what to do with them. The dismantled wardrobe was taken downstairs, loaded into my car and finally driven down to the dump along with the hangers and a wooden stool which I had been using as a bedside table. While I was at the dump my eye was caught by a wooden crate, the sort you put grapes in. On the side was stencilled 'Mum and Dad, 20/10/73'. That's not so far off our wedding date 2/10/76 but the main reason I was interested in the crate was that I do need some extra strong crates for packing heavy sculptures in. It's a bit wet from all the recent rain so it's now drying off in the shed.
As I drove to the dump the road went in and out of the clouds hence the wet day. On the way back I stopped to take some photos looking over to our place with the cloud layer skimming the tops of the hills. 
We're hidden in the trees  but our neighbours' house can be seen clearly in the centre of the photo. When I got home I hoovered up the many years of dust that had been caught behind the wardrobe and washed the walls down. 

No comments: