Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Monday 25 September 2017

Hot.

We've had a sunny day which at least when I was in town, felt distinctly hot. I was in town because a group of my ex-work colleagues invited me out to lunch at the Barnstaple Hotel. The whole business of my leaving work due to ill health had been handled badly at school and they wanted a chance to meet and say an unofficial goodbye. I've worked with some of these ladies for 17 years. We've had many laughs together and supported each other during difficult times. Not only did they take me out for lunch but they also presented me with flowers and chocolates. Most of them live or have connections in Pilton so we are bound to meet up again. 
After lunch they had to return to work and I went on into town. First stop was to donate the surfboard to one of the charity shops. It felt funny to be walking up the High Street with a large surfboard under my arm especially as I had sunglasses and flip-flops on. I got some smiles and a comment but it was all in a friendly manner. Then back to the car to deliver more stuff before going on to do some shopping. It was hot in town but as soon as I got out to the hills the breeze made it cooler. 
The chap is coming to collect the piano this evening so naturally I've been having a last piano session. I was almost tempted to stop by the music shop to buy the electric piano keyboard but just in case something goes awry I didn't. 
There were a lot of butterflies out in the garden when I had my walk around. I spotted these two comma butterflies sunning themselves on an apple tree. Somehow I don't think they were the apple thieves.

No comments: