Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Sunday 10 September 2017

Windy.

Today has been grey, often wet and very windy. It's dry at the moment but I can see branches lashing back and forth and every now and then the wind whistles around the corners. All very atmospheric as long as you're warm and cosy indoors.
Speedy came home with a dirty face today. I suspect that he has been hunting in the pile of burnt timbers next door. He and Patch were delighted to be dosed with wormer today as this involved some yummy tinned cat food, normally only for Squeaky, with the medicine poured over it. No problems getting them to take their medicine apart from Speedy trying to steal Patch's portion.

I spent some time this afternoon fixing up this coffee table. It was one my mother designed and had made by a joiner. Originally the removable top was smoked glass with another sheet of glass below creating a sort of display space. Unfortunately many years ago the top glass got broken and the table put in storage under a bed. I don't want to keep the table but rather than take it to sit in the rain at the dump I cut a piece of Perspex that we had handy and hey presto the table is fixed. It can now be given to the Hospice shop where it will raise money for a good cause and continue on as a coffee table in somebody else's home.
We've just had a lovely visit from another of our extended honorary family. We don't see her too often but I keep in touch through Facebook and it was great to really catch up on each other's news. 

No comments: