Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Monday 11 September 2017

Gales.

Looking out of the bedroom windows this morning it seemed as if our weather was attempting to imitate the hurricanes in the Caribbean. The gale that had blown all night continued into the morning with sudden downpours which eventually eased off by the late afternoon. No wonder the raised bed and paved corner of the yard (above) that I have kept meticulously tidy by removing the leaves every morning, looked such a mess.
With a number of places to visit I headed into to town at midday. My first stop was at the Hospice shop which I found empty with notices telling the new location. There was a chap there who told me more or less where the new shop is. Next stop was to drop off more stuff to the Rotary Club shop, I love it when I can relocate 'stuff' for a good cause. Then I drove across town calling in at BJ's to buy more peanuts for my hungry birds. When I went out into the garden section it was like walking into a flower show. So many brightly coloured flowers ready to be planted for some autumn colour. Tempting as it was I resisted the impulse to brighten up my hanging baskets.
Then, after some supermarket shopping I eventually found the Hospice Shop and arranged for them to collect our spare furniture next week.
When we do eventually move I'll have to find a new home for my not-so-dwarf umbrella tree which is now taller than the conservatory. I had bought it to cover the back view of the TV and to add some green in the conservatory while the house was up for sale.
I bought these trailing geraniums for much the same reason. I only wish that they had been the dark red ones which I couldn't find anywhere. They have also grown enormous and produced lots of flowers. The 'daisy' bush was a present from our friends which originally had been outside until I realised that the slugs were busy chomping on the flowers.

No comments: