Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Monday 18 September 2017

Dry.

It was sunny all morning, then turned overcast with one extremely heavy shower in the afternoon. 
The oil man came this afternoon. As usual he reversed down but he misjudged the turn at the top and ended up stuck with his wheels jammed against the blocks that run along the drive. With a full load of oil he didn't have enough power to go forwards and so was thoroughly stuck. He had to walk over to our neighbour and ask him to pull him out with his tractor. I didn't go outside with my camera because the oil man was probably embarrassed enough. Afterwards I was able to see how the ornamental grasses on that side of the drive had been rather squashed. I'll give them a tidy and they'll soon grow back. 
While all that was going on I carried on with my task of emptying out the contents of this pedestal desk and sorting them into some storage boxes. One is full of cards; Christmas cards I bought in the January sales, birthday and  other cards, envelopes and materials for making cards. The middle box is full of art materials; inks, pens, pencils, crayons etc. The final box is full of drawing materials; sketch pads, paper, pencils etc. I sorted through all the pens and pencils checking that they still worked and -gulp, even threw out worn down colouring pencils. When we move to town I may well have more time for creative work so all this lot is coming to the new house rather than into storage.
Earlier in the day I had been down at the stream scrubbing out some grubby plastic trays and boxes. It will be strange not to be able to do that especially as the new house has such a tiny sink.

No comments: