Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Tuesday 12 September 2017

Sun, Rain, Wind.

We had lots of showers today interspersed by bouts of bright sunshine. 
I needed to take things easy today so I thought I would  go through a large art folder filled with other artists' work, mainly etchings and prints, and at least write down the names of the artists. That was tough as the signatures were often written in a flowing script and I was generally unfamiliar with the surnames. I found it was better to glance at whole words and try to get a sense of what they might be. Deciphering letter by letter was not so easy when s/n/I/u/m/r a were all roughly similar. Having gone through over 130 pieces of work I tried to find the artists on the web with very limited success. I had to laugh when one of the non-Lithuanian names turned out to be famous for SM art work. A bit of a niche market I think. I do remember this person well and it all fits but luckily the pictures I have are all quite abstract. However kneeling on the floor to do this job didn't exactly help my back.
For the rest of the afternoon I made a start on this summer's notes for my 'journal'. Sitting at the table was a much more sensible idea. I've made the task a lot easier by daily jotting down any relevant information at the same time as I record the subject of each photo taken that day.

1 comment:

happyone said...

Like the water drops on the purple flower.