Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Thursday 28 September 2017

Sunny.

The morning mists were soon burnt away leaving a pleasantly sunny day. Nice enough to put a couple of crocheted throws out to air on the line. They've been stored in a wooden chest and were a bit musty. 
The recycling people came and collected most of the solid wood furniture which was a relief. They supply furniture to low income families and it's nice to think that the furniture was going to be of use. They didn't take the pine bed frame but instead they took the mattress as it was clean and had its safety label. I was glad they took the mattress firstly because it was a good memory foam one and secondly it would have been difficult to get into the car to take to the dump. Once they had left I loaded up the bed frame into my little car. It was a real struggle to get the large headboard in. I had to move both of the front seats as far forward as they would go and then lean the backs forward too. I had hardly any room to sit and it felt as if my knees were up by my ears. Changing gear wasn't easy either with some long wood coming up between the seats. I found that contrary to my fears I was able to slow down suddenly when a squirrel decided to run across the road in front of me. It was not the easiest of journeys and by the time I got to the dump my right leg was starting to ache. I left the bed next to the container with a note saying it was complete and only needed one piece replaced.
For once the dump  recycling centre was fairly empty and it didn't take long for me to unload the bed and other stuff I'd filled the car with. Afterwards I made a quick stop at Tesco's to pick up some shopping. Parked near me was the rustiest car I've ever seen and it was a BMW. Or maybe that was why somebody had decided to restore it. 
I had a look for the abandoned car when I went out. The car has gone but I could see the marks where it had gone off the road and into the hedge. Luckily the ditch there was wide and muddy which would have slowed the car down before it hit the hedge.
As it was dry in the afternoon I made a start on potting up plants to take to the new house. I'd bought 3 bags of compost the other day and so far have used up one. I won't be able to take as many plants as I would like but most of them can be split and repotted in Spring. The plan is to keep them in pots until we make the move after this one.
Some of the flowers from Monday's bouquet.

No comments: