Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Sunday 17 September 2017

Mostly Sunny.

Gazing out of the window this morning, admiring the green of the trees against the bright blue sky I could see a solitary swallow flying overhead. Surely it hasn't been left behind? There are still some swallows flying above the dairy farm so maybe it will join up with them. A cold wind was blowing in from the north-east so I was able to get more washing out on the line. When the wind died down later in the afternoon it felt quite warm in the sun.
Yesterday I had cleared some silt which had been left when the stream rose, off the bottom steps leading down to the stream. While I was there I also shovelled the silt off part of the path and very foolishly decided to dig more gravel out of the stream to raise the level of the path there. You'd think I would know better than to be shovelling but it seemed alright at the time. Not so when it came to the night when my back let me know what a fool I had been and stopped me from getting much sleep. Now that the sale is going ahead I shall refrain from doing anything that is not directly part of packing up to go. Well, I did cut back the alchemilla but that was the job I'd been about to do when I saw how bad Squeaky was.
In the mornings the other cats always wait outside the front door waiting for the moment I let them in to finish off Squeaky's food. This morning as I opened the door they skidded round the corner as usual and if cats can look disappointed that was them. There were a few looks at the empty space where the food bowls should have been and a quick check in case I'd moved them before they gave up their hunt for tasty snacks.
This squirrel was chittering so loudly up in his tree just now that I could hear him through the double-glazed window and across the garden.

1 comment:

happyone said...

Hope your back is feeling better today!