Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Saturday 2 September 2017

Dry.

It's quite hard to relax with so many thoughts swirling about our heads, trying not to invest too much into the prospect of a sale while still continuing on with the possible/probable purchase of the next house. Still, I can only be thankful that those are our problems and that we're not facing the loss of family or home through flooding like so many people in Asia and the United States. 
I'm not sure how this apple (centre of the photo) landed halfway up the steep bank. We surely haven't had that strong a wind. There was another half eaten one down near the small pond. Could they have been dropped by a trespassing deer, or a bird such as a rook or jackdaw? There are lots of windfalls under the apple trees, most of them too small to use. I picked up the larger ones for us to eat. They're very sweet and I've baked a couple with some raisins for a pudding. 
Despite a slightly damp start the day remained dry so this afternoon I went out with the secateurs and cut back most of the buddleia bushes. The most inaccessible one still has plenty of flowers so I'll wait until it's finished flowering. 

No comments: