Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Thursday 14 September 2017

Sun and Rain.

Yet another day of heavy showers between spells of bright sun. We had to go and sign some papers at the solicitors this morning which would have been a good thing if our buyer hadn't started to reduce the amount he wants to pay for this place. As we've already dropped the price considerably to take into account the things that need doing I fear we shall be walking away from this sale. If we don't hear anything by the end of the week that's what will be happening. Apart from the money we've spent on the survey and legal work and the overall disappointment I feel sorry for the people whose house we were hoping to buy. Still, all the sorting, packing and clearing would have to be done whenever we sell so I don't feel my efforts have been wasted.
Not wanting to miss the spells of fine weather I set to with the secateurs and cut back the clumps of giant crocosmia that guard the entrance to the yard. Even if we had been moving in a month they needed dealing with as they had begun to flop over and turn brown and nasty.
Yesterday evening it was cold enough for us to put the central heating on for a while. It doesn't feel so cold this evening without yesterday's strong winds blowing around the house.
PS In keeping with my 'planning ahead' persona I managed to find another Hobbit Journal at less than £5 for when I finish the next one. It's the same as my first journal (the second is a different version) because although I can see there is a third version possibly with more colour the only ones I've seen on eBay are really expensive.

1 comment:

happyone said...

Oh I love that first picture. The lightening is beautiful.