Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Friday 15 September 2017

More Sun and Rain.

I woke up quite early this morning and after doing my exercises I went downstairs to have my morning coffee at the pc. Although it was light outside I could barely see the garden because the rain was coming down in sheets. I was 'not amused' to hear the weather person on the radio exclaiming how lovely the morning was ....... for most of the country, just not here. 
The showers continued on all day though their intensity decreased so that by the afternoon it was more of a light sprinkling rather than the morning's deluge. In between the showers the sun shone and the air was warm. 
The first job I got on with today was to photograph and catalogue my mother's sculptures, some of which can be seen here (not the small bronze figure on the left). Continuing with the photographic theme I also backed up my photos on to an external hard drive. I haven't got into a regular routine with that but would hate to lose my photos either through an IT malfunction or the dreaded ransomware.  
Squeaky spends the night in the kitchen so that she can eat her food away from the other greedy cats but she waits to be let out so that she can snooze in the sun in the garden if there is any or else in the conservatory which still gets nice and warm. 
I also emptied out the last of the cupboards hopefully going to the Hospice shop and gave them a good clean and polish. It would be a bit embarrassing if they were rejected for being too scruffy.

No comments: