Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Friday 29 September 2017

Showers.

I was woken this morning by the sound of heavy rain. With the memory of a weather forecast mentioning flooding (which was actually for Sunday) I thought I had better get up and put the dam back in place. It was still dark, this was before 6.00, as I donned waterproofs, grabbed a torch and went out to put up the dam. That done I went back to bed but wasn't that sleepy any more so I got up, put my exercise mat where I could plug in my radio headphones and got my first set of exercises over and done with. Then I was even more awake and headed off for coffee at my PC. By that time the rain had cleared but we had a few showers during the day. I've been trying to get more out of my exercises including some high intensity work on the exercise bike which is supposed to be good for the heart and physiology in general. The BBC site suggested 10 sets of 1 minute flat out followed by 1 minute at a gentle pace done 3 times a week. I decided to begin with 5 sets every other day as part of my 30 mins/10K daily bike work. Sadly this is a bit too much for my knee so I'm just going to do 3 sets. I enjoy watching the tv as I pedal but for the hard minute I have to pause the programme  while I puff and pant with my head down.
The rest of my day has been spent packing. I'm concentrating on the stuff that will go into storage and right now there are two open boxes containing my many LOTR books and other items in the sitting room looking very messy. We have a number of very strong and large computer printer boxes we kept for this very purpose but if they were filled to the top with books they'd be too heavy. I've been putting in lighter things such as throws or towels in to use up the space but I need to sort out those first and air some of them as well. 
We had a few bursts of sun during the day. I tried to catch the sun for my photos but the first things I saw as I walked through the door were two enormous slugs stretched out in the hanging baskets eating the lobelia flowers. On went the rubber gloves and the slugs went for a swim down to the lake.

No comments: