Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Wednesday 20 September 2017

Wet.

The day was so bright and warm this morning I was planning to have some sitting out and reading in the sun time but quickly the sky became overcast. Then came the rain, lots of it making for a very wet day.
Packing seems to take so much longer than I imagined. Today I started on the contents of a large cupboard which held my 'good' china and glass. Some items only emerge once a year for Christmas and others have been sitting in the dark cupboard for 25 years. It was time to re-evaluate which things I really wanted to keep and which could be given away to the charity shop. A satisfying amount went in the 'to go' pile. My giant roll of bubble wrap came in handy for protecting the delicate glass and china. I've still got to go through the other side of that cupboard which mainly contains vases and candles. Only once, more than 20 years ago, did we have a power cut that lasted more than an hour but you know how I like to be prepared. (Oh the amount of food I put away when we were all scared the world would grind to a halt because of the millennium bug.)

1 comment:

happyone said...

I think packing always takes longer than we think! : )
Our home will be timber built (we call it stick built here) and have vertical dark green siding. The block that they are doing is the foundation. Part will be out of the ground and it will have a walkout basement. That is because of the lay of the land. I'll be posting pictures all the way through so if I didn't explain it well you will see it in pictures.