Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Sunday 3 September 2017

Wet.

I know that autumn is here when it's too chilly to wear shorts which was the case today apart from my various exercise times. Not only was it much cooler but we had steady rain until the afternoon when it remained gloomy but dry.
A good day for packing up all the pictures that will be going into storage. I used most of a 100 m roll of bubble wrap and made inroads into a second roll of packing tape. That tape was the bane of my afternoon, not only was it marked fragile with an outline of a glass but it was itself fragile. Let the end flip back onto the roll making it difficult to find but it had a tendency to split as I picked at the edge. I'm not even sure one of those big roller things that dispense packing tape for boxes would be suitable with the delicate glass of framed pictures. I left the last picture because not only is it very large but I'm not sure if I want to keep it or give it to the Oxfam shop as they sell art works in the right places.
I came into the kitchen to find Speedy sitting in a box of ceramics also destined for the charity shop. Much nicer than the cat basket next to him. 
Out in the garden sparkling rain drop crystals bedecked plants and cobwebs. (Apologies to any arachnophobes.) Rainy days have their beauty too.


1 comment:

Gerry said...

Some wonderful pictures in these last few blogs Ruta, it must be so difficult to be leaving such a beautiful spot, I know the feeling, but I also know we had to come back to a sensible life-style too! The excitement of moving is always restrained by the fear of the sale calling through. But you seem to be very organised and on top of everything.
Apparently the best way to remove red wine stains is by using white wine to clean it up. I can only imagine it was a spendthrift alcoholic that discovered that!

Gerry