Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Wednesday 13 September 2017

Lots of Rain.

We've had a breezy day with plenty of blustery showers exactly as predicted by this morning's forecast. The winds have been blowing from the south keeping things fairly warm. The garden is littered with small branches blown off the trees by last night's fierce winds. 
After overdoing things yesterday today I managed to find enough to do today that didn't involve bending. That is apart from clearing up the leaves in the yard that I were bothering me as I looked out of the kitchen window. I baked some chocolate cookies to replenish our stock and after taking delivery of another giant roll of bubble wrap I packed up some paintings that had been hanging on the spare room wall. I figure it will be better to do a smaller number at a time though I have worked out a way of placing the roll of bubble wrap on a chair and unrolling it out over the kitchen table. 
I also finished writing up this summer's events in my Hobbit Journal. That's 11 years of my life summarised in way to help me remember significant events. I've got a terrible memory at the best of times and one year tends to blend with another when each year follows a similar pattern. I've only one page left so hopefully the new journal will herald a new phase in our lives.

No comments: