Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Friday 8 September 2017

Mostly Wet.

The sunny skies above were only here for a short time today. It rained heavily for most of the morning before turning warm and sunny. I took a chance and hung out some washing but stayed outside weeding and pruning until grey skies heralded yet more showers.
Indoors I painted the corner of the pink bedroom and went over the skirting board which had also missed out being painted. Now that corner's skirting board is bright white while the rest has faded to more of a cream colour but it shouldn't stand out once I've moved the bed over. Anyone moving to a new house must surely expect there to be differences where furniture has been. I'll leave the labelled paint tubs containing the different room colours in case they want to touch up the paintwork before getting round to redecorating. I also emptied out a couple of pieces of furniture for the Hospice shop and slid them into the corridor, another chest of drawers needs extricating from a room filled with stuff in boxes and I've almost emptied the last piece of furniture, a wooden sideboard? which I think was from Heals.
No sign of the swallows so I guess they've gone. There were a number of butterflies trying to warm up and feed while it wasn't raining. (Small Tortoiseshell above,  Speckled Wood below.)

1 comment:

happyone said...

I think most people will do some painting when they move into a new house anyway.
Beautiful pictures.