Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Wednesday 27 June 2018

32C/89.6F in the Shade !

Those were the conditions in the garden today, and in the sun it was too hot to stay out for any length of time. Elsewhere the rest of the country also continues to bake in this exceptional weather. I aired more clothes and did some washing too. The curtains were nearly too dry to iron when I brought them inside.
 The £1 lilies I bought last week.
Peter went and brought the car back from the garage. Hopefully no more big bills for a while. 
The pitcher plant is doing well. Today I put it in a big glass trough (some sort of scientific apparatus?) as its clear plastic pot doesn't have enough weight to stop the plant from over balancing. I find my house plants do better in clear containers as I can see if I'm over or under watering them.
I rounded off my evening with choir. As usual much fun and it was nice to find our leader thought we'd done well on Saturday. Due to the hot weather a lot more people came in shorts (inc. me) or skirts though I was the only one to kick off my footwear, flip-flops, to stand on the cool floor. Our group of altos were also in the fortunate position of being directly in the breeze flowing between two open doors.

No comments: