Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Wednesday 20 June 2018

Grey.

I've just driven home from choir under a pink sky which has become more intense as the sun disappeared behind the hills. Hopefully that heralds a fine day tomorrow. Today has been quite grey with rain in the afternoon, the kind of fine rain you get when the clouds drift in from the sea.
I went out shopping today and bought myself a bike helmet and a chain to lock up my bike. The helmet is all black but has reflector strips which didn't show up that well with the flash. Peter is struggling with his back at the moment but hopefully we will soon be able to head down the Tarka Trail towards the sea.
It was a good shopping trip starting with a couple of freebies; some cutlery with chunky plastic handles which are easier for Peter from a FB recycling group and some Golden Oat Grass seeds. I was passing the ornamental beds in The Square when I noticed a seed stalk lying beneath the plants so I rescued it and have planted the seeds hoping that some will germinate. I did have a plant but it reached the end of its life before I thought to save some seeds. When I went into B&Q to buy a small bag of mortar to do the last pointing between the paving slabs from the reduced plant section I got a pot with 3 tall lilies and a Dicentra (Bleeding Heart) for £1 each. There was just enough room to put the lilies in the planter with the other ones and the Dicentra went into a flower bed. 
Having run the washing machine last night and it being too wet to hang things outside I realised that I could put up a couple of washing lines between the window handles in the conservatory. (Later I moved some of the heavier items outside.) The indoor lines do mean you have to duck to get outside but when they are not in use they can be rolled up and stored out of the way on one set of handles.


1 comment:

happyone said...

Beautiful sunset.
Nice looking new helmet!!
I have a few drying lines for those wet days too and also use them in winter.