Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Sunday 10 June 2018

Warm.

While Peter was out doing publicity for the gig club at an event in Rock Park I gave the conservatory roof a good wash. Peter has been all for getting out the pressure washer but I found that an old cloth wrapped around the head of a deck broom (small head, full length handle) worked perfectly when wielded from the ladder. I also wiped down the sides and washed the windows of the conservatory. Spiders don't usually bother me but the possibility of a false widow spider and the presence of sheet webs unnerved me enough to don trousers, fleece and goggles before sliding into the narrow gap between the conservatory and the garden wall. Better extra hot than bitten.
This morning my mystery lilies burst into flower but when I went out to photograph them in the evening ….. disaster! The hanging basket had dropped down straight on top of the planter. Apart from the loss of the first lily flower and a squashed osteospermum there wasn't too much damage.
And the cause of the fallen basket was a break in the rope attaching it to the  bracket. Looking more closely I realised that the polypropylene  rope had melted due to the heat of black painted metal bracket in the hot sun. My neighbour is bringing home some bolt cutters for me to borrow so that I can cut off some of the extra length of the chain that the understairs rail hangs on to hang the basket from.
Dark clouds began appearing in the late afternoon but no sign of any rain yet. 
I also began painting the upstairs doors today banishing the last of the battleship grey from the house. Two coats today and a couple more should do the job. 

1 comment:

happyone said...

Seems like your painting will never end. : )