Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Wednesday 6 June 2018

Hot.

The hot weather returned with a day of almost unbroken sunshine. I'm pleased to see different types of bees of checking out the flowers in the garden. (Right now the pale aqua sky is sporting bright pink and dark grey streaks.)
After general housework and a blitz of the bathroom including an attempt to revive an asparagus fern which had been almost killed by overwatering (a drawback to keeping plants in fancy ceramic pots) my thoughts turned to my final carpentry project. I still have two long roof beams from the old shed which I planned to use to make an indoor stand for the trailing geraniums during the winter. Before deciding on the size and exact position of the stand I thought I should give the conservatory a thorough tidy up. Once I'd taken out all the building tools, they're now piled on the dinning table until Peter puts up more shelves in the porch cupboard, and taken spare gardening stuff down to the garage, the conservatory was looking a great deal better. 
Having decided on a position and taken measurements I measured up the beams which turned out to be just enough for my project. It felt far too hot to begin sawing (32C in the shade) so I put that off and had a short time sitting outside. Without much breeze I soon retreated to the kitchen with its cool marble tiles. It was then I began to wonder if I could use an oak bench currently in the garage or simpler still put the geraniums on the conservatory table.  Just now I've decided to store the 10ft beams in the garage in case I change my mind. 

No comments: