Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Saturday 16 June 2018

Windy.

Lots of wind today and quite a bit of rain too. I took the photos during one of the brief  sunny and hot spells. I'm thrilled that the sweet peas are flowering. I've tried both seeds and plants before but they always got eaten by slugs. I am using slug pellets in the back garden as I doubt any hedgehogs could scale the 5-6ft walls.
Today I began work on the kitchen door frame and the skirting boards. First I scraped off any of the very thick cracked paint before wiping everything down. Then realised that as it was old gloss paint I needed to give it a key with some sandpaper and then wipe it down again. Later on I filled all the cracks and gaps with filler or builders' caulk reading for painting tomorrow. I've had to pull most of the furniture in the dinning area into the middle so that space looks like a bomb has hit it.
The wind has blown all the loose rose petal off so I had a dead heading session and also pruned back the rhododendron. 

No comments: