Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Sunday 24 June 2018

Hot.

Another hot day, perfect for airing out all my stored joggers (for garden and DIY jobs) and tracksuit bottoms. One pair of  joggers made it to the 'throw out' pile but the others, nearly all black, are back in storage for the future. Who knows, our next home may be (hopefully) away from clothes shops in which case I'll be visiting my own store instead.
This morning there was a terrible yowling coming from the back garden. When I went to check sure enough it was Fluffy Cat whose first line of defence seems to be yelling but this time he was face to face with Patch, only a few inches separating them. When the intruder turned and ran in response to my clap, Patch did his best to chase him though he has to scramble up the back wall instead of leaping straight up. Rather than have the noise continue I took Patch back inside. We're trying to work out if he can hear. He sometimes seems to respond  to sound but other times he either takes no notice or looks in the opposite direction. He's got a check up at the vet in July so I'll mention it then.
This evening the sky was streaked with pink turning to red but I didn't get a decent colour match. We're not sure if this is an exceptionally good summer or if this is just the difference that not being up in the hills and in a steep valley makes.  

No comments: