Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Saturday 23 June 2018

Sunny.

It's still hot and sunny but with more clouds. I've just about run out of things to wash and it was only was when I was searching  through one of my clothes boxes that I realised my stored clothes could do with being hung out in the sun to air. You never know I might even decide to get rid of some at the same time.
I spent some time outside chip chipping away at the paving stones and then when I (and probably the neighbours) had had enough I went inside and carefully scraped off any tiny spots of paint left on the wood floor of the dinning area. I also glued down the wooden strip over the join with the marble tiles of the kitchen. That's a job I've been meaning to do for ages so at last it is done.
This evening we, the choir, gave a concert in aid of the RNLI (lifeboats) at Christ Church in Barnstaple. It is a very pretty church inside and the only picture I could find is the one below of a wedding where coincidentally the choir is also singing. Tonight we were down where the bride and groom are, facing an audience which I think we outnumbered. It wasn't very well publicised and apart from the World Cup football match the Military Wives were also giving a concert locally. Still it was nice to be supporting a good cause and we'll take any opportunity to sing.  

No comments: