Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Saturday 2 June 2018

Sunny.

It's been quite sunny today with more clouds appearing as the day went on.  
At last! The hall is just about done giving us a bright, white hall and stairs. There's still some work to do on the doors upstairs but that's the last of the big projects.   
I've given up hope of finding my clean food caddy. I reckon somebody has simply peeled off the number stickers as there is no trace of it anywhere. Yesterday I gave the caddy I've been left with a thorough clean and today I painted on our house number. You are allowed to used biodegradable plastic bags but I heard on the radio they still take time to break down and are not that good for the environment. Instead I wrap up each day's vegetable peelings etc. in a couple of sheets from the free weekly newspaper before putting them in the caddy which lives in the plastic cupboard outside.
Today our builder came and took away the two old doors and all the bags of wood leaving the place looking much less cluttered. I spent the end of the afternoon weeding and sweeping up all the sawdust and shavings in the front garden.
It's looks as if we're not going ahead with the campervan we saw but at least we know exactly what we want.

1 comment:

happyone said...

Your hall does look nice and bright.
Too bad you didn't get the campervan but I'm sure there is one out there for you.
Seems like we are always weeding! : )
No sun here today, lots of rain.