Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Thursday 21 June 2018

Windy.

The day began grey but by late afternoon there was a cloudless sky worthy of the summer solstice bathing the front of the house in a beautiful golden light. Now the days begin to shorten once more and the setting sun will start moving from behind the hills to over the sea. Strong north winds have been blowing all day making things rather chilly.
Today was mostly spent on housework which up till now I've been fitting around all the home improvements. As I'm not too keen on housework I've worked out a simple schedule which should keep the place clean but not take too long to do each day. That I'll begin next week and for now it's more a matter of catching up. Peter's back is still not good so I got the mower out and cut the grass. While I was doing that a lady I knew from work who lives down the road came by with her dog and we had a nice long chat. When her boys were young they used to come up and play football on the communal grass.
Having bought a small bag of mortar yesterday I mixed it up making a workable mortar which I used to finish off pointing the slabs on the steps. From there I moved on to some chipping away plaster/cement on the paved area at the top of the garden. I was sheltered from the wind and it was very pleasant but I have to be careful not to spend too long which results in aching knees and back.
The hydrangea bushes in the front garden are looking very pretty at the moment.

1 comment:

happyone said...

I hate to think of the days getting shorter already.
Sorry to hear Peter's back is still giving him trouble. Hope he is feeling better tomorrow.