Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Tuesday 26 June 2018

Roasting.

Still hot, I walked into town this morning suitably clad in shorts with flip-flops, sunglasses and straw hat. The reason for my walk was to go to the bank because we are now the proud owners of a campervan. The one we went to see the other day. The chap got a bit more than he would have got from a dealer and we paid less than we would have had to from a dealer. Also it's got lots of extras and has been impeccably maintained. Now all we have to do is to decide where to go. We'll start with a day or two at a time to get used to being on the road. The cats will have to start visiting the cattery up the road.
I hung up another box load of clothes to air,  my long sleeveless tops this time. When I got home I sat outside and made some alterations to a rust coloured top which I'd bought in sale in M&S. Surprisingly for Per Una there was a problem with the trim around the V-neck. It was floppy and didn't sit properly but I found that turning it over and stitching it behind cured the fault. As shown by the thermometer it was incredibly hot outside in the sun. I didn't stay out too long and walking on the marble kitchen floor was very refreshing to my bare feet. When Peter got back from dropping the car off at the garage (a small petrol leak) we sat outside again for a while.
Pilates tonight took place outside in shade on the tennis court with a welcome breeze. There was a problem with our teacher's mike so that at times we couldn't hear her over the music but being in the drama hall would have been like being in an oven.

1 comment:

happyone said...

Oh congratulations on getting the camper van. I look forward to hearing about your adventures in it. : )