Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Friday 29 June 2018

Hot.

It's been just as hot today. It's such un-British weather, our summers tend to be damp and grey, and is reminiscent of Mediterranean holidays. Days when time spent in the hot sun has to be carefully rationed and shade becomes your goal. Followed by the blessed cool of the evening when people venture out to enjoy a cooling breeze. We've just returned from watching 'Darkest Hour' at the Pilton Cinema aka the church hall and there were a number of people out walking their dogs. There have been enough articles on FB about how hot the pavement (sidewalk) can get and the danger of burning dogs' pads as well as reminders not to leave dogs in cars. Roads are melting and railway tracks bending too in this hot weather.
Somehow today I didn't manage to take any photos, not even of the fading sunset. The garden is full of flowers though I'm having to water thoroughly. The bought in compost I used in the planters and tubs doesn't hold water well so I have to water the tomatoes 2 or 3 times a day. There's already a hosepipe ban in Northern Ireland and many agricultural crops are nearing wilting point past which they won't recover. If we get a hosepipe ban here I'll just have to haul my watering can up and down the garden 'cos I'm not letting all my precious plants die.

1 comment:

Harriet said...

We here in Michigan will have 100+ temps today. We are going to a graduation party-for a little while only!