Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Monday 4 June 2018

Light.

Everything combined today to give a feeling of 'light' in many senses of the word. There was the lightness from the end to the seemingly endless pressure of work needing to be done on the house and garden. Yes there are still things to do but they are all small tasks. Then there was the feeling of light and space in the house now that everything is decorated in light shades with extra light flowing through the glass internal doors removing that feeling of being enclosed or even entombed. Added to all that was a holiday feeling as I walked down to town first picking up Patch's medicine from the vets. The air was warm, it must have been around body temperature in the shade as it felt neither hot nor cold then the extra warmth when walking in the sun was balanced out by the warm breeze. That's something that is often missing from our British 'summers'. It brought back memories of leaving London in cool greyness to arrive, usually at night, in the warmth of a Mediterranean evening.  The holiday feeling was reinforced by the wearing of shorts and flip-flops accessorised with sunhat and dark glasses. My relaxed feeling continued as I walked along the High Street which was bustling but not crowded. No having to skirt round groups of people having a chat as a lot of the people seemed to be tourists or as we call them here - visitors. It's us locals who do the stop and chat thing. 
I walked the full length of the High Street to check out bike helmets in a local shop but they seemed very pricy compared to the ones in Halford's. It's time for us to be getting the bikes out and nowadays helmets are the norm. I've never worn one before even when I was cycling six miles through London traffic to work but it's better to be safe than sorry. Before I headed off home I fished out my shopping list to make sure I hadn't missed anything and was puzzled by the word chair. Why had I written that? It took me a while to realise that it was in fact chain as I will need  a chain and lock once I start using my bike.
Yesterday's evening sky. Tonight there was a short spell of deep pink and red sky which my camera didn't catch. Maybe now I'll get round to investigating the manual controls on my camera.

2 comments:

happyone said...

Sounds like a lovely day and great weather too.

lea said...

Oh do wear helmets! My son was hit, as a young man, by a car while riding his bicycle. He had a traumatic brain injury, he is fine now, but it was a very difficult time. You have been working so hard on the house, I think you should go to the beach!