Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Tuesday 12 June 2018

Hot.

We're still enjoying the summer heat. I think that the weather here is better than it was up in the hills or maybe it's just because we're not in a valley. This evening I turned up to Pilates to find that our teacher had moved us out of the hall to a grassy spot outside shaded by trees. There was a refreshing breeze which more than made up for the occasional twig or the lumpy ground. It was also very relaxing to look up at the blue sky through the leaves of three very different trees. 
This morning my busy day became a little less busy when the surgery rang cancelling my appointment with the doctor as he was ill. I still had a dental check up to go to. Once again a different dentist who lowered the chair so much my feet were higher than my head. She's booked me in for a deep clean and informed me that she'll give me an injection as one tooth was a bit tender. Injections I don't mind but drilling still terrifies me as I've been hurt on more than one occasion even at that surgery. Remember the unfeeling Polish dentist? After the dentist I did some shopping taking advantage of the special offers on summer fruit. Plenty of apricots, peaches, nectarines and blueberries in the fruit basket now. 
Once I got home I went through some of the songs we'll be singing at our next concert and all too soon it was time to pedal on the exercise bike and do my floor exercises as a warm up for Pilates.
The farm I can see from the back garden has already cut one field for silage. A closer look at the photo shows a large number of birds feeding in that field. I wonder if they were Peter's favourites (not) rooks or if they were the 100 or more jackdaws which live in this area?

1 comment:

happyone said...

Must have been nice to have the class outside.
We both have dentist visits for cleaning the end of the month.
Not something I look forward to though our dentist is great.