Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Tuesday 3 November 2020

Chilly.

Less rain and more sun today along with a few rainbows.
Our new oven was delivered today, not only that but the lad from Magnet sent me the contact details for a kitchen fitter seeing as our builder hadn't come up with anybody. Peter phoned the fitter and yes he can do it. He'll get the plans from Magnet, visit (I think) and give us a quote. If all is agreeable he would be able to do it a few weeks. That's exciting. I'm still on the hunt for a splashback. I found a possible, an aluminium based one. I got onto the manufacturer's website and have ordered four samples, this time they're free. While I was on a roll I checked out the Screwfix (a local builder's merchant) site and found a suitable white sink for the utility room though I shan't order it yet as we're short on space with so much stuff still unpacked.
The wind was bitterly cold and I didn't fancy working outside so I made a little felted penguin. I've only got natural colours of wool so I couldn't give him a Santa hat but I think he's quite cute. I've also ordered myself some more wool, red for a project and bright multi-coloured for fun stuff.
Peter has made a start on putting up the curtain rail brackets. It's sounds like such a simple job, two screws per bracket, but finding the right place has been a nightmare. Even after the builder had been in and I found another photo of the wall showing the wooden batons we ended up with extra holes trying to find the wood. My attempts were at floor level (just to locate the vertical baton) as the skirting board still isn't on there but my first attempt went through into empty space. I left Peter to it and in the end he used those umbrella fittings that are made for plasterboard and which are supposed to hold up to 100 lbs so should be fine for curtains. Now the first one is up it should be fairly easy to do the rest and maybe .......... I can put up some curtains. 
Even though it was cold I still wrapped up and took myself off for a walk on the beach. (The camera has made it look a bit darker than it really was.)
Out in the distance I could see the approaching shower. Just before I took this photo there was a single streak of rain dropping down below the cloud which looked like a tornado but I found out that you can't work a touch screen wearing gloves. I unlocked the phone with my nose but by the time I part removed a glove the 'tornado' had gone. Luckily I had my fingerless gloves in my pocket as well.
I got caught by the shower but it wasn't that heavy and trying to outpace it gave me the incentive to walk a lot faster than I usually do. The shower was over quickly so I picked up a few more sticks for my Christmas tree before heading for home.
 

1 comment:

happyone said...

What a black sky.
I love that you get to see so many rainbows!!