Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Wednesday 4 November 2020

Dry.

A dry day with little wind and warmer than recently.
This morning the sea was not quite a millpond, more of a gentle swell with the sea splashing gently on the beach. Across the bay a sea mist floated on the horizon and the hills of the Llyn peninsula had disappeared completely.
We had a drain man come to check out the whole drainage system. Better to find any problems now (there weren't any) than on a stormy night. Also Peter wanted to get an idea of where the drains are. The man was convinced there should be a cover somewhere in the garden so instead of carrying on bagging up my hedge choppings I cut back years' worth of montbretia leaves on the side of the garden where I thought there might be a drain cover but there wasn't one to be seen. I spent most of the day working in the front garden cutting stuff including a lot of brambles covering another hydrangea. Peter finished putting up the curtain rail brackets and I found out that my second try at repairing the curtain pole still didn't work. Also now that we have at least one pole I can't find the bedroom curtains. We had four in Devon, three were on the actual window and the fourth was over a shelved recess. That one I found and it is up but as to the others ??? They must have been one of the last things packed and I'm even wondering if I left them behind. 
Yesterday I'd gone into the utility room and noticed a terrible smell. So bad I though that something had died in there. Today I bravely donned rubber gloves and began relocating the stuff in the far corner of the room where the smell was worse. That done I found the source of the smell, not a dead critter but a broken pipe from the bathroom sink and an open hole over a drain. This odd system is because the utility room was a later addition. I've covered the holes up with wood and tiles topped off with plastic which will have to do until the room is finished.
This evening the clouds were rolling in, too many for a pretty sunset.

 

No comments: